Scrub Up Well



Hi Readers,

This is a mens fashion blog thats real, honest, down to earth and accessible to the every day man. The aim is to encourage an effortless style at a very low budget to give you the ability to reinvent your wardrobe with just a few items and boost your confidence. The aim is to help people towards their desired style in a way that you makes you 'feel' better in what you wear. Every man in some shape or form has an interest in maintaining a good appearance...I want to advise on how to do that with little time, effort and money.

Tuesday 29 May 2012

The Under £100 Club



Today I read an online article from an internationally recognised magazine/blog (Esquire) about 'Summer Style'. I saw the style and of course, with the best stylists in the industry an unlimited budget, these outfits were great. But then I read a comment right underneath it and it read:


"this is great, but the weekend bag alone at $1500, is more expensive than my whole holiday! Do you have any summer outfits for the other 99% of us!?"


When I went back up to the style and calculated the cost, I was shocked! This outfit was designed only for people with cash to burn. You have to be on some serious income to think about spending over £1000 on the bag alone to carry your significantly more expensive clothes to go on an even more expensive weekend break. With this random persons comment in mind, I decided to think up 5 whole outfits, top to bottom, for less than £100. And I can guarantee you this, with these items you'll look a lot better than any of those other outfits put together by high end articles AND even better you won't have to re-mortgage your house to afford it!   


As the summer is already here and everyone is enjoying the British sun, I've chosen 5 full outfits, all different styles to suit different peoples tastes. This blog is all about efficiency so I've kept the number of places to get these clothes to a minimum and everything can be ordered online if you follow the links provided. These outfits not only cover different peoples tastes but also takes into consideration various events that people may be going to over the summer. I've also added a range of different fits to suit various body shapes so for example if you're uncomfortable with above-the-knee shorts then follow the 'chino' link where you can find the exact same colour as the shorts but in trouser length. I hope you enjoy and as always, your feedback would be greatly appreciated! 


Day at the Beach


This 70's inspired outfit is smart yet comfortable for the beach. It's appropriate for a day at the seaside and smart enough to wear around town. The combination of colours are warm and neutral, a good variation to the usual summer bright colours. The individual items can also be mixed with other things throughout the year. For example in the spring you can wear the polo shirt with some check trousers and brogues. 











Day at the Beach 2:

Above we have quite a simple and smart outfit for the beach but that might not be everyones cup of tea. I got a couple of comments about the bright chino's below so I thought I'd add something brighter for the beach. For those of you who are comfortable with being bright in the summer (which is something I would definitely recommend for those of you who are slightly tanned/olive skinned) then please take a look at this outfit and let me know your opinion. 

I've gone for a nautical look, which was very popular last summer and has definitely been repeated this year. The problem with the nautical look this summer is thats it's absolutely everywhere! In every shop window, both on the high street and in boutique shops. If you meet up with a group of friends, guaranteed half of them will be wearing some sort of striped garment so i've used this look but put a slight twist on it. I can understand why it's so popular because horizontal stripes make the top half of your body look more sculpted and hides a bloated belly very well, which is great after a couple of pints. To make this a bit different I've gone for trousers instead of chino's, which looks great if you roll them up a couple of times, and a 3/4 length top so something a bit unusual. Here it is, my take on the nautical look, under £100, I'd love to hear what you think.








The Garden Party

There are loads of garden parties and outdoor social events this time of year, especially with the diamond jubilee approaching. I understand that sometimes it can be difficult to look smart without digging into your office wear, so I've chosen a very smart and affordable seasonal outfit for the aspiring gentleman. Please bare in mind that if double breasted jackets aren't for you then there is an almost identical single breasted jacket on the same link at the same price (just click back onto 'Jackets' and it will appear) 











The Music Festival 


Another major part of summer, which is often appreciated in most fashion blogs, are festivals! After spending quite a lot of money on festival tickets, you may feel a bit strapped for cash. I've created quite a casual and youthful look for anyone attending a festival this summer.



 







The City Break

If your planning a city break, either with a group of mates or with your partner, I've put together this very simple and effective outfit for you. It's sharp, contemporary and best of all, it's suitable for light packing! 








And there you have it! My 5 summer outfits for different occasions, all at less than £100! Best of all many of these items aren't just useful for the summer. Brogues are a year round item as is the denim jacket, the blazer and the trainers. Let me know what you think and I look forward to your comments.

4 comments:

  1. great one, love the coloured chinos...! good looks...!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stutts! I need to find that random guy and thank him for the inspiration haha!

      Delete
  2. Fantastic! Im always complaining about this in women's style magazines so know must be the same for gents. Really love the Garden Party look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you think it's bad for womens magazines you should try a mens one! It's crazy. I read one once...they suggested a 'weekend watch' at £5000. I don't know about you but it's a bit far fetched to buy a new watch for that much just for a casual weekend haha!

      Delete